LAMP’s Gary Hayes created, posted & paged (on his top 5 Australian AdAge blog, Personalizemedia) this simple flash app a few weeks ago to demonstrate the tsunami of content, communication and commercial activity across Social Media, Mobile and Games. The widget, embedded below, rather ironically went viral itself as it is was linked to from Wired, Guardian, other major sites and was re-tweeted over 2000 times which generated a reach around 15 million! It is now embedded in over 450 sites (over 150 shown in the video below the counter) and Gary is keeping it constantly updated with the latest stats across the 40+ metrics.
STUDY GAMES AND VIRTUAL WORLDS part time at AFTRS in 2010
FOUR SEMINAR VIDEOS – Click the skip arrows to move between presentations
- GAMES: SERIOUSLY – 35m © Gary Hayes Director LAMP @ AFTRS and CCO of MUVEDesign (slideshares here)
- THE REALITY OF THE SIMULATION – 38m © John Welsh Development Manager of Serious Games at Sydac
- SERIOUS GAMES: REACH OUT – 28m © Marianne Webb interactive manager for Reach Out!
- DOCO 2.0: FIRST AUSTRALIANS PANEL – 25m © AFTRS & First Australians – Peter Giles Director Digital Media talks to Rachel Perkins (Director), Darren Dale (EP) Sohail Dahdal (Online Producer)
[pro-player width=’480′ height=’252′ type=’mp4′]http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lssm_serious43_gary.mp4,http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lssm_serious43_john2.mp4,http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lssm_serious43_marianne.mp4,http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lssm_serious43_panel.mp4[/pro-player]
Original seminar link – All video and audio below recorded at the AFTRS Theatre April 2009. The intersection between documentary filmmaking and games will be explored in this half seminar and half rapid development workshop, providing deep insight into the potential of Serious Games. Both games and stories have long been recognised as powerful learning tools. Their combination in the 21st century has the potential to provide learning experiences that are collaborative and globally connected. What are the best examples of Serious Games and where are they heading? How can Serious Games be employed by educators, corporations or non-profit organizations?
AUDIO ONLY VERSIONS OF ABOVE – Click the skip arrows to move between presentations
[pro-player width=’480′ height=’52’ type=’mp3′]http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lsmp3_serious43_gary.mp3,http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lsmp3_serious43_john2.mp3,http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lsmp3_serious43_marianne.mp3,http://storylabs.us/lamp/podcast/lsmp3_serious43_panel.mp3[/pro-player]
ABOUT LAMP PODCASTS
This podcast presentation by LAMP @ AFTRS.
- Video & audio recorded by AFTRS Post-production & Digital Dept
- Pod and vodcast editing, encoding, tagging & publishing by Gary Hayes