TV 2.0: The Latest Innovations in Online Video
Wed 25 March 6-7 pm – TELEVISION 2.0
This is the first of a series of LAMP ‘State of Play’ Seminars profiling successful case studies, people and the latest techniques across multi platform media.
- FREE themed seminars running on the last Wednesday of every month at 6pm – 7pm.
- No need to register just turn up to the main Theatre at AFTRS, Sydney (directions)
TV is in major transition. Where are the opportunities across on-demand platforms? Is the old advertising model broken? Will broadband to set top box comfortably co-exist with video on the web? A pre MIP TV session to help prepare you for big changes just on the horizon.
Speakers – Introduced by Peter Giles, AFTRS
- Arul Baskaran (Executive Producer ABC TV Multiplatform) – Online Gruentransfer, iView…
- William Cooper (Informitv – live from UK)
- Chris Winter (ABC Innovation)
- Gary Hayes (LAMP ex Senior Development Producer BBC New Media)
Areas to be covered in the seminar:
- Overview of all categories of existing online video services & business models
- The challenges of broadcasting and delivering ondemand
- Social Media TV, is TV becoming always-on, participatory and shared?
- Innovations across broadband TV and IPTV
- New advertising models and latest video web 2.0 mashups
- Is IPTV a valid platform for video producers?
- The evolving role of public service broadcaster and online video distribution
- ABC new developments including iView, Google Earth TV & programme related services such as Gruen Transfer
- How online video will become more personalized
- Is audience contributed online content sustainable at scale?
- What does the future hold?