AFTRS in conjunction with the IGDA Sydney are running GameJam 09.
An interactive event by gamers for gamers – a day of playing, learning about and making games. Come be a spectator, play to win, or get involved in the creative jam session. This free one day event features gaming competitions, seminars, networking and creative activities. The JAM starts with a gaming forum where anyone can register to be a presenter – share YOUR latest discoveries, opinions & ideas for games and virtual worlds. The JAM ends with a workshop & competition – where creative teams engage in a battle of ideas & rapid game-design, with prizes for best pitch!
Register to come along and/or participate – online at: www.gamejam.org.au
- Second part of the day a rapid ideas development seminar with awards for best pitch
- Demo, interact and learn & meet F2F with like minded people, passionate about game/worlds
- Intense show’n’tells, pitches, discussions and lots of interaction
- Show everyone YOUR latest ideas for games and virtual worlds
If you want to present for around 10-15 mins please book yourself a talk slot by checking out the site and clicking the registration LINK here – we will put you in!
- ADMISSION: Free! LOCATION: AFTRS building at the Entertainment Quarter, 130 Bent St. Moore Park (next door to Fox Studios)
- WHEN: Saturday 10th October 2009
- WHO: YOU’RE the stars, but we will have some cool folk like Dan Graf (Dr D Studios) & Ian Brown (Unity & CG creator)
OPEN TALKS & SCHEDULE
The talks will be about anything to do with
- developing for or playing with console, pc games, alternate reality games, augmented reality, smart mobiles, serious games
- offline, online games or creating and using virtual worlds
- games, film cross-over, machinima, writing, artificial intelligence, social games
- educational, fun or just plain ‘wtf’!.
- The user or creator angle is fine (in otherwords talk us through one of your must play games!) – just make sure it is not too geeky or too fanzy!
Demos around the areas: big screen displays, play new games and demos.
Below some photos taken by Gary Hayes last year at a jam packed event!