LAMP ‘STATE OF PLAY’ SEMINARS
Profiling successful case studies, people and the latest techniques across multi platform social media.
- FREE themed seminars running on the last Wednesday of every month at 6pm – 7pm.
- No need to register just turn up to the main Theatre at AFTRS, Sydney (directions)
Next FREE seminar:
Wed April 29 – FREE AND EASY: Open Source Creative Tools
There are a vast range of new free to use tools that enable rich and efficient collaboration for audiences and professionals alike. What are the best tools for online communities, project development, video distribution and marketing. A survey of free to use tools and services including Mogulus, Twitter, Joomla, Ning, Blogger, Ustream, Drupal, Wikis, Social Bookmarking, Virtual World Gatherings, WordPress and many others.
Presented by Australia’s foremost Social Network strategist Laurel Papworth will give a clear overview of the best tools to collaborate from a creative, marketing and social angle. She will show the how the previous audience are now TV channel producers, publishers, news agencies, film makers, music producers and how professionals can re-engage by becoming learning the ‘tricks of the community’. Laurel will also cover the basics of how generic social media tools like Ning, UStream and Blogger can be used to quickly create your own networks.
- Speakers: Laurel Papworth‚ Social Media Strategist & CEO World Communities
- others to be announced
- Introduction by Gary Hayes – AFTRS LAMP
Laurel is a senior consultant, strategist, writer and workshop facilitator on online communities and social networks in Australia, Asia and Middle East. She features regularly on ABC Radio, Public and Commercial TV, serious newspapers and major global blogs. Laurel consults at executive level and facilitates strategic workshops on the impact of social networks on industry sectors, teaches marketing, blogging and social media courses for companies and runs workshops for small and home business on behalf of the Australian Government. Laurel taught the first Australian public social media courses in 2005 at University of Sydney and in addition, develops and teaches Insights Masterclasses for LAMP at Australian Film Television and Radio School on innovation and cross media. When not consulting with companies building online community strategies, Laurel is a global Power150 Media and Marketing blogger (Advertising Age) placing her as #5 blogger in Australia.
Upcoming FREE seminars:
- Wed May 27 – MASSIVELY MULTI-STORYTELLER WORLDS: The Drama of Game Worlds
- Virtual worlds are now populated by 900 million players globally with many spending more time in them than their real lives. This ‘State of Play’ seminars looks at the range of stories being created in these social and game worlds. It will focus on the drama being created by these full time role players and the opportunities for traditional writers to engage in this popular medium. Speakers: Gary Hayes (AFTRS LAMP) and others to be announced
- Wed Jun 29 – CINEMA 2.0: Big Screen Participatory Futures
- Stereoscopic 3D, interactive cinema, games in cinema. Where does the future lie for cinemas and other public screen spaces? Speakers: Tim Baier (Animal Logic) and others to be announced
- Wed March 25 – TELEVISION 2.0: latest innovations in online video
- TV is in major transition. Where are the opportunities across on-demand platforms? Is the old advertising model broken? Will broadband to set top box comfortably co-exist with video on the web? A pre MIP TV session to help prepare you for big changes just on the horizon.
- Arul Baskaran (Executive Producer ABC TV Multiplatform)
- William Cooper (Informitv – live from UK),
- Chris Winter (ABC Innovation)
- Gary Hayes (LAMP)